A free service which allows Redwood City Library customers to borrow up to 20 books at a time from participating college and public libraries in California and Nevada. LINK+ is a combined catalog of over 9 million unique books. Users from member libraries electronically request an item not available in their own library and it is delivered to them for check out.
Why use LINK+?
The LINK+ service generally provides faster delivery than the traditional Interlibrary Loan Service because you place the request from the Library’s online catalog directly. Advantages to using LINK+ include being able to place the request remotely from your home or office, then monitoring the progress of your request at any time by viewing your own account record at your convenience.
How long does a LINK+ request take?
The time between making a request for an available item and receiving it at the Redwood City Public Library is approximately four days.
What is the maximum number of items I can request at one time?
Borrowers are permitted to place 20 LINK+ transactions (requests and checkouts) at any one time.
How do I use LINK+ ?
1. Go to the Library’s catalog: http://catalog.plsinfo.org/search/
You may also search Link+ directly: http://csul.iii.com/
2. Search the PLS catalog . After you have done a keyword, title or author search, from the search results page, select "Redwood City Library" from the "search entire collection" dropdown at the top of the page.
3. Once you have determined that Redwood City Public Library and San Mateo County Libraries do not own the book you wish to borrow, click on the “LINK+” button. Your search will occur automatically in the LINK+ catalog.
4. When you locate the item you wish to borrow, click on the “REQUEST THIS ITEM” link. In order to request it, the item must have an "available" status.
5. You will be asked, “With which institution are you affiliated?” Click on the down arrow, select Redwood City (or San Mateo County branches), and click on the “Submit above information” button.
6. If the item is available in our collection, you will receive the message, “You cannot use LINK+ to request items that are available at Your Institution.”Ask the Information Services Desk staff for help in finding the item.
7. If the item is not owned by the Redwood City Library or San Mateo County Libraries, you will be asked to enter your name, your 14-digit Redwood City Library card number, and your PIN number. Click on the “Submit above information” button after entering the information. (Note: unless you have modified it, your PIN is the last 4 digits of your phone number.)
Learn more about LINK+ in the printable brochure.