English | Español
*****IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911*****
Welcome to the Redwood City Police Department Online Reporting System.We hope you find this system convenient and easy to use. We are offering this system to the public to enhance our customer service by providing alternative methods of reporting crimes. Some of the benefits of reporting crimes online include:
Reports Filed Anytime, Anywhere
You can file a report anytime, anywhere with an internet connection, and you do not have to wait for an officer to be dispatched.
All collected information is securely transferred to the servers through an encrypted channel.
Immediate Report Copy
You can immediately print a temporary copy of the report after filing it. An official copy with a permanent case number will be emailed to you once it is approved by an approving officer free of charge.
Who can use the Online Crime Reporting System?
As long as you can answer NO to the following questions, you can use the Online Crime Reporting System.
- Is this an Emergency?
- Did your incident happen outside of Redwood City limits?
- Do you know who the suspect is?
- Did your incident happen on a state highway or freeway?
What happens when I complete the Online Form?
After you complete the online form and click the SUBMIT button, you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
**Turn off your Pop-Up Blocker before continuing**
- All cases filed online will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- We can now accept two images, the combined size not to exceed 1MB, for Hit and Run Traffic Collision reports, Theft from a vehicle reports and Vandalism reports.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Questions or comments about the system? Need some help? Click here to send us an email and we will respond as soon as we can.
**We can now accept two images, the combined size not to exceed 1MB