Library Board Minutes
MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
REDWOOD CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY
AUGUST 9, 2005
Trustees Present: B. James, Z. Sweeney, R. Barragan, R. Madrigal, and S. Hodgkins
Staff Present: Division Manager M. Kramer, Literacy Supervisor K. Endaya, and Administrative Services L. Andrade
Staff Absent: Library Director D. Genesy
CALL TO ORDER
Trustee James called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm in the Small Meeting Room of the Main Library.
There were no public comments.
INTRODUCTION OF BOARD AND STAFF
The Board welcomed its newest member, Trustee Hodgkins, and introductions were made all around.
On motion by Trustee Sweeney, seconded by Trustee Barragan, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of July 12, 2005.
PROJECT READ OVERVIEW
Literacy Supervisor Endaya gave each Board member an information packet on Project READ and gave a comprehensive overview presentation on Project READ and all its programs and outreach efforts inside and outside of the libraries.
On motion by Trustee Madrigal, seconded by Trustee Barragan, the Board unanimously approved the payment of warrants # 9207 to # 9256 and the payment of usual and necessary invoices through August 9th.
Division Manager Kramer reviewed the June end of fiscal year 2004-2005 reports expenditure reports with the Board. The Library's budget had $19,000 left over in savings.
LIBRARY DIRECTOR'S MONTHLY REPORT
- Division Manager Kramer reviewed the July monthly report with the Board. The report is posted on the Library's website at http://www.rcpl.info/aboutus/directorsreport.html.
- The Harry Potter party was a big success.
- Schaberg Branch Library will be opening soon and the Board should try to attend. A reminder will be sent out.
- The Library's Bookstock event is scheduled for Saturday, on September 10, 2005. Wavy Gravy was invited but he cannot make it.
- Trustee James spoke about having author events at the Library.
CALTAC WORKSHOP - TECHNOLOGY UPDATE
Most of the Board expressed interest in going to this workshop. Administrative Secretary D. Wong will follow up with each Board member and handle the arrangements.
There being no further business or announcement, the meeting was adjourned at 8:53 p.m. to September 13, 2005 at 7:00 pm in the Small Meeting Room of the Main Library.
Rodolfo Madrigal, Interim Secretary