Nominate a Property for a 2013 Mayor's Beautification Award!
The Pride and Beautification Committee was established in February,
1987 and consists of members from the community, schools, businesses,
and local organizations. Members serve without compensation or term limits,
and work performed by each member is done on a voluntary basis.
The committee promotes the quality of life in Redwood City by creating,
participating in, and supporting activities and programs that improve
the physical and aesthetic environment of our community by:
- Educating the community about Redwood City's environmental assets
and how to enhance and protect them.
- Serving as liaison and resource for residents, schools, businesses,
organizations and city government.
- Acting as advocates for the civic and natural environment.
- Advocating a high standard of community cleanliness, maintenance
- Encouraging and promoting partnerships and participation of
residents in improving our community.
- Addressing a variety of issues including Graffiti Eradication;
Neighborhood and Citywide Clean-ups; Earthday Activities; Abandoned
Shopping Carts Removal; Mayor's Beautification
Recognition Program; Recycling and Household Hazardous Waste Program;
Tree City U.S.A., and other projects.
The Pride and Beautification Committee meets the first Wednesday of February, May, August, and November, at 7:30 am at City Hall. The public is encouraged to attend.
Resources are available through the City Manager's office.
Chairperson: Diane Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Liaison: Deanna V. La Croix, City Manager's