We can solve your Human Resource Issues
- Are you contemplating a significant HR project, but
don’t know where to begin?
- Do you need to design a new HR form or develop a new
HR process, but don’t have enough time or staff?
- Could your HR projects benefit from an outside professional
reviewer with a broad skills-set, a wealth of experience,
and proven success?
The Redwood City Department of Human Resources will help
solve these and other human resource issues by providing professional,
high-quality and cost-effective human resources products and
We are HR practitioners who understand the challenges that
you encounter in managing the human resources function. We’ll
help you define the issues, strategize the solutions, and
create the processes and tools you need to enhance and effectively
implement your HR programs from start to finish.
The Services We Provide
Managing Your HR Function
- Presentations and workshops on our own “best practices”
for managing your HR function and operations
- Reproducible HR forms, customized to fit your unique
- Design of comprehensive organizational needs assessments
- Design of recruitment processes, from forecasting through
- Assessment Centers designed & executed
- Partnering to produce a screened pool of candidates for
- Design of a New Employee Welcome program
Facilitation & Training
- Leadership & Teambuilding retreats
- Custom-designed workshops and courses presented at your
site in a variety of content areas including Customer Service,
Supervision, Communication, and Presentation Skills.
- Attendance at any of our workshops and courses offered
in Redwood City.
Who Are We?
The Redwood City Department of Human Resources staff is comprised
of 11 professionals serving approximately 600 full-time employees,
including police and fire personnel. Our staff includes specialists
in staff development, recruitment, training, facilitation,
and customer service.
We are part of a progressive, values-driven organization
with a successful track record in employee satisfaction and
The Redwood City Department of Human Resources will add value
to your HR department, and help your organization reach its
We are committed to enthusiastically providing our internal
and external customers with quality human resources products
and services that directly address their needs with results
that exceed their expectations.
The Clients we have served
- City of East Palo Alto
- City of Half Moon Bay
- City of Milpitas
- City of Santa Clara
- City of Hayward Parks & Recreation
- Half Moon Bay Sewer Authority
- Bay Area Water Users Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Bay Area Bank
Rates for Government & Non-Profit Agencies
Fees are situational and can be adjusted to meet your
needs. Please contact HR Director Maria Rivera-Peña
(see below) for information relating to rates and fees
If you would like more information on Redwood City’s
Human Resources Consulting Services, please contact:
Director of Human Resources
City of Redwood City
1017 Middlefield Road
Redwood City, CA 94063