Archived News Release from 2006
For Immediate Release
Redwood City Sees Changes to Downtown Parking
Redwood City, CA - July 24 , 2006 - Along with all the major new activities, dining, and entertainment destinations coming to fruition in Downtown Redwood City, a whole new parking program is also being implemented.
Downtown parking is a breeze, and most is just 25¢-75¢ an hour!
- There are no time limits, so visitors can pay for as much time as they need.
- There are many, many parking spaces - in fact there are about 1,000 spaces on-street and 2,000 spaces in parking lots and garages.
- Visitors have several payment options for maximum convenience: coins, bills, cards, even pay-by-cell-phone in some areas (soon to come!).
- And, there is lots of validation and free parking – up to 4 hours free with a Century Theatre validation, and 1-2 hours free with validation from other participating Downtown merchants, as well as a variety of free spaces during nights and weekends.
Below is a brief overview of Downtown parking – more details area available on the City’s website.
- All parking: 25¢-50¢ per hour; most are FREE after 10 pm
- Jefferson and Marshall garages, and Middlefield Lot - 4 hours FREE with Century Theatre validation, and 1 – 2 hours FREE with validation from other participating merchants
Nights and Weekends:
- County Garage on Middlefield between Bradford and Veterans (ground floor): FREE
- Core Area street parking: 50¢-75¢ per hour; FREE after 10 pm (see map of Core Area)
- Standard parking lots: 25¢-50¢ per hour; FREE after 10 pm
- General street parking (outside Core Area): FREE
- Jefferson and Marshall garages, and Middlefield Lot - 4 hours FREE with Century Theatre validation, and 1 – 2 hours FREE with validation from other participating merchants ($5 per hour without validation)
Visit Redwood City’s award-winning website at www.redwoodcity.org for information about the City and its services, the community, recreation programs, education, and City government. View a variety of City webcams at www.redwoodcity.org/webcam, and s ubscribe to Redwood City's email newsletter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Downtown Development Coordinator