Archived News Release from 2006
For Immediate Release
Redwood City’s FREE WaterWise Gardening CD-ROM is Like Having a Garden Encyclopedia on the Computer!
Redwood City, CA - October 18 , 2006 - A world of great gardening ideas, tips, and easy-to-use information is just a mouse click away with Redwood City’s FREE WaterWise Gardening CD-ROM.
This wonderful and extremely useful CD is available to any Redwood City resident who wants to plan a beautiful, water-efficient landscape – from flower gardens to trellises, and from turf to trees, this CD offers everything the home gardener needs, right on the desktop for easy access.
The CD is available free by calling 780-7436, or can be requested by going to the City’s water conservation website.
Among the great features on this free CD are:
- Garden Tours: Features many examples of water efficient gardens right here in the Redwood City area.
- Garden Gallery: Offers great examples of ornamental garden features, such as decks, patios, trellises, gates, gazebos, fences, walkways, and more ways to enhance a garden.
- Plant Database: Look up plants by type, size color or name, and view plant photos, and plant characteristics.
- Gardening Guide: A virtual encyclopedia of waterwise gardening design, maintenance and irrigation to maximize water-use efficiency.
- Truly Magnificent Photos: A great selection of high-quality pictures of countless plants, trees, groundcovers, gardens, landscaping, garden walkways, ornaments, and fixtures, shrubs, California native plants, and more!
The CD just needs to be loaded into the computer once, and from then on the home gardener will have the world of waterwise gardening just a mouse click away. Redwood City makes it easy to have a beautiful, healthy, water-efficient yard!
Visit Redwood City’s award-winning website at www.redwoodcity.org for information about the City and its services, the community, recreation programs, education, and local business. Take a look at the variety of City webcams at redwoodcity.org/webcam, and subscribe to Redwood City’s email newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Works Superintendent