Archived News Release from 2008
For Immediate Release
Free Movies at the Library Start on January 9th!
Redwood City, CA - January 7, 2008– As the New Year begins, it’s the perfect time to mark calendars with all the FREE movies coming up at Redwood City’s Downtown Library! There’s something for every member of the family to enjoy - what a great way to join with friends, neighbors, and other library patrons for an incredible selection of free films.
The month of March features a Classic Film Festival, with two wonderful old movies scheduled, and an opportunity for the community to vote to select a third movie. All films begin at 6:30 pm, in the Downtown Library located at 1044 Middlefield Road. Here’s the schedule for January through June, 2008:
- Wednesday, January 9 – Hairspray - Rated PG; 117 minutes
- Wednesday, February 6 - Ratatouille - Rated G; 110 minutes
Classic Film Festival!
- Wednesday, March 5 - Some Like It Hot - 1959; 121 minutes
- Wednesday, March 12 - Touch of Evil – 1958; 108 minutes
- Wednesday, March 26 – Viewers’ Choice! Everyone is invited to go to www.redwoodcity.org/library and vote to help the staff decide what the third classic film will be!
Goofy Cartoon Festival!
- Wednesday, April 2 – a fabulous selection of short cartoons starring Goofy and other silly characters.
- Wednesday, May 7 - Motorcycle Diaries - Rated R; 128 minutes
- Wednesday, June 4 - A Bug’s Life – Rated G; 96 minutes
The Redwood City Public Library offers many free programs for children, adults, and families, and is the learning center of our community. For more information about library events and services you may access the library’s home page at www.redwoodcity.org/library or call 780-7026.
Visit Redwood City’s award-winning website at www.redwoodcity.org for information about the City and its services, the community, recreation programs, education, and local business. Take a look at the variety of City webcams at www.redwoodcity.org/webcam, and subscribe to Redwood City’s email newsletter or other documents by visiting www.redwoodcity.org/egov.
Redwood City Public Library