For Immediate Release
Redwood City, Redwood City Police Department, and Target Invite Community to the 2011 National Night Out Celebration – America’s Night Out Against Crime
Redwood City, CA - July 27, 2011 - Redwood City and Target are planning a great, fun National Night Out event – and the entire community is invited to join family, friends, and neighbors at 4 pm on August 2nd at Courthouse Square in beautiful Downtown Redwood City.
National Night Out is America's Night Out Against Crime - a unique nationwide crime/drug prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch (visit www.nationaltownwatch.org/nno). It’s designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness, generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs; strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships, and send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
It’s all happening on Tuesday, August 2nd from 4 – 8 pm (including our Dancing on the Square event!) at Courthouse Square in Downtown Redwood City.
The entire family will enjoy these fun and informative activities:
- Music, Activities, Info and Giveaways from 4 – 6 pm
- Free Fingerprinting for Children
- Neighborhood Watch Materials
- Disaster Preparedness Info
- Redwood City PAL Info
- Drawings for Free Car Seats
- Photo Opportunities with Crime Fighting Dog McGruff (bring your camera)
- Fire Engine, Police SWAT, Command Vehicle, and Police Boat Display
- Hot dogs, snacks, beverages and more for sale
- Arts and crafts fun by Target
- Redwood City Project READ Literacy Program
- Other fun games and activities
- Live Music and Salsa Dancing Lessons from 6 - 8pm
More information on Redwood City’s National Night Out event is available by calling (650) 780-7305. Thanks to Redwood City Target for their sponsorship of National Night Out in Downtown Redwood CIty.
Visit Redwood City’s website at www.redwoodcity.org for information about the City and its services, the community, recreation programs, education, and local business. Subscribe to Redwood City’s electronic newsletter or other City documents at www.redwoodcity.org/egov.
Public Communications Manager