Free Water-Efficient Landscaping Classes - Fall, 2013
BAWSCA in partnership with your local water agency provide FREE landscape classes to anyone who looks to create a water efficient garden, and those classes are open to everyone -- no matter what city you live.
BAWSCA's FREE classroom lectures and hands-on workshops focus on:
- Sustainable Landscaping
- Understanding Water-Use Efficiency in the Landscape
- Use of California Native and Drought Tolerant Plants
- Creating Healthy Soil
- Alternatives to Lawn
- Habitat Gardening
- Edible Landscaping
- Water-Efficient Irrigation Practices
- Parent/Child Gardening Activities
Many of these classes have previously been held in Redwood City. However, this season is the first time we will be planting our water efficient demonstration garden! In these two hands-on workshops, participants will help to install the first water efficient demonstration garden at our Public Works Office location (1400 Broadway, Redwood City).
- Saturday, October 5, 2013 will focus on irrigation; how to install and maintain an irrigation system.
- Saturday October 12, 2013, the participants will learn about water efficient landscape design.
To see the full schedule and class descriptions, including the two October workshops in Redwood City, visit the BAWSCA Web site or call 650-349-3000 for more information.